Sunday, March 23, 2014

Little Smurfy Angel Bookmark

I am current'y attending one of Doreen's online seminars, this one's called Assertiveness for Earth Angels. Its my first time ever to attend her seminar. They had a complimentary book that came with the class. I love the book. Its got wonderful cover art and has hard cover.

I wanted to make one of those crocheted bookmarks for a long time.. I think I''d have made a daisy bookmark.. But the book needed a bookmark.. and soon.. so I couldn't keep it on my wishlist of things to make for too long ....annnnd what better figurine to choose than an angel!


Here's a close up of lil Haniel:

I hadn't quite planned on making an angel bookmark.. but just as I was typing my search string "crochet bookmarks free patterns" I kinda wondered if making an angel bookmark would be easy enough... and I this one caught my eye! I made it in the same Smurfs color as the pattern called for.. I like its 'Smurfy' look I guess ;)


I haven't 'blocked' it with a vinegar solution and am not keen on doing it either.. I don't mind its flexible look/feel..

This is the first time I've done something as complex as this and I am quite surprised how easy it was.. The pattern tutorial was esuper easy to follow and its been proven to me one all over again that if I didn't use my head and just followed the pattern blindly without wondering how its turning out to be and just let it take its own shape in its own sweet time, my crocheting would improve greatly.. and that there's no such thing as 'winging it' in crocheting.. if I have to do that.. it just means I've fudged up the end result :D

Thank you Google for bringing this one in top results.. and many many thanks to the sweet angel that made this pattern and tutorial!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment and make my day =)